BigCommerce is a cloud-based e-commerce platform that allows businesses to create and manage their online stores. It was founded in 2009 by Eddie Machaalani and Mitchell Harper in Sydney, Australia.
BigCommerce is a popular e-commerce platform for businesses of all sizes. It offers a wide range of features, including:
- Drag-and-drop store builder: You can use the BigCommerce store builder to create a custom store without any coding knowledge.
- Themes: BigCommerce offers a variety of themes that you can use to customize the look and feel of your store.
- Apps: There are over 3,000 BigCommerce apps that you can use to add additional features to your store.
- Payment processing: BigCommerce integrates with a variety of payment processors, so you can accept payments from your customers.
- Shipping: BigCommerce integrates with a variety of shipping carriers, so you can easily calculate and print shipping labels for your orders.
- Analytics: BigCommerce provides you with detailed analytics so you can track the performance of your store.
- 24/7 support: BigCommerce offers 24/7 support so you can always get help if you need it.
BigCommerce has a number of advantages over other e-commerce platforms, including:
- It is a scalable platform that can grow with your business.
- It is easy to use, even for non-technical users.
- It offers a wide range of features and integrations.
- It has a good reputation for customer support.
BigCommerce is a good option for businesses of all sizes that are looking for a powerful and scalable e-commerce platform.
Here are some of the key milestones in BigCommerce’s history:
- 2009: BigCommerce is founded in Sydney, Australia by Eddie Machaalani and Mitchell Harper.
- 2011: BigCommerce launches its first mobile app.
- 2012: BigCommerce opens its first office in the United States.
- 2013: BigCommerce launches its first international office in the United Kingdom.
- 2014: BigCommerce raises \$100 million in Series C funding.
- 2015: BigCommerce launches its first payment gateway.
- 2016: BigCommerce goes public on the NASDAQ stock exchange.
- 2017: BigCommerce launches its first fulfillment network.
- 2018: BigCommerce launches its first omnichannel platform.
- 2019: BigCommerce acquires Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- 2020: BigCommerce raises \$265 million in Series E funding.
BigCommerce is a growing and successful e-commerce platform that is used by businesses of all sizes around the world. It is a good option for businesses that are looking for a powerful and scalable platform that is easy to use and has a good reputation for customer support.